Observera

Du läser en tråd som är taggad med Labmaster. Detta är en föråldrad och felkonstruerad apparat som inte ger ren sprit. Om du planerar ett nybygge se till att inte bygga en labmaster. Läs mer i dessa trådar Destillationsteori och teknik och Kolonnbrännartyper

Bourbon på majs...

Allt om whiskey/whisky
abbe77
Finjäsare

Bourbon på majs...

Inlägg av abbe77 »

Vill göra bourbon på majs (alltså utan socker). Hittade den här på en sydafrikansk sida. Vad tror ni att det är i den? Amylase? Eller kan det vara värt att försöka få hem genom tull o elände? Vill gärnna höra vad ni tycker och är mkt tacksam för alla tips, målet är som sagt att göra bourbon på mest majs men lite malt, kanske även lite råg...

http://distillique.co.za/distilling_sho ... 150ml.html

http://distillique.co.za/distilling_sho ... 150ml.html
Knox
Brygguru

Re: Bourbon på majs...

Inlägg av Knox »

Amylas kan köpas på humle
abbe77
Finjäsare

Inlägg av abbe77 »

Det vet jag. Frågan var om det är Amylase eller något annat i flaskan? Eller snarare om Amylase hjälper till att konvertera stärkelse även i majs? Det är ju svårt att få högt utbyte av majs tydligen...

Alltså; är det värt att försöka få hem den här från Sydafrika eller funkar Amylase eller Alfa-betaenzym lika bra?
Knox
Brygguru

Inlägg av Knox »

Det är med 99% sannolikhet någon form av amylase om det är alfa, beta, båda eller annan kan jag inte svara på men testa att köpa inrikes först, bara krpngligt att importera ;)
abbe77
Finjäsare

Inlägg av abbe77 »

Det lär väl vara det eller hur? Ska testa med alba-beta från Humlegården:)
Användarvisningsbild
rkr
Bryggmästare

Inlägg av rkr »

I guess I should post this in here as well:

Hmm, I've tried cornflakes a couple of times but I haven't found a good solution of using them - they bloat way too much. I'd suggest that you try flaked corn meant for horse feed (Eggermans). I use them for sour mash (recipe in ARC forum) but if you crush them in a blender you should be able to use them as regular corn for bourbon recipes.

Check Artisan Distiller for bourbon recipes, you usually use corn, malt and some rye to make it all work. Also, you need to do the gelatinization cook if you want to distill on grains so check my wheat flour recipe for details on how to do it.

Slainte, Riku
"Designing and building automatic stills, 3rd edition" - now available from Amazon

If it's got tits, tyres or a trigger - it's trouble

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening
Knox
Brygguru

Inlägg av Knox »

Enl eggermans hemsida är flingorna värmebehandlade och behöver således inte förklistras om man ska mäska med dom, iaf inte om man gör öl och möskar 60-90 minuter, är inte fullt insatt i destilationens ädla konst
Användarvisningsbild
rkr
Bryggmästare

Inlägg av rkr »

Knox skrev:Enl eggermans hemsida är flingorna värmebehandlade och behöver således inte förklistras om man ska mäska med dom, iaf inte om man gör öl och möskar 60-90 minuter, är inte fullt insatt i destilationens ädla konst
Corn flakes are also heat pressed but when I tried to use them the traditional way I got lots of scorching. It's worth noting that I have used those flakes ONLY on sour mash, I don't guarantee that they would work even with proper gelatinization and break up boil but they should.

One other alternative is to get some corn flour and do the wheat flour mash using them. You could even toss in some rye flour for added bourbon style flavor profile. That would be easier than the flakes grinding and might even be reasonably cheap. Although I have my doubts whether the flour will have much flavor profile to give.

Slainte, Riku
"Designing and building automatic stills, 3rd edition" - now available from Amazon

If it's got tits, tyres or a trigger - it's trouble

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening
CBeyond
Färsk jäst

Inlägg av CBeyond »

Hittade detta recept

--Bourbon Whiskey--

Ingredients:

23 lbs coarsely ground corn
5 lbs coarsely ground rye
5 lbs malted barley
10 gallons water

Procedure:

Briskly mix coarsely ground corn with 5 gallons of the water. Raise the temperature slowly to 212F (boiling), making sure that there are no lumps forming in the mash. Boil for 30 minutes, keeping a careful eye on the mixture and stirring frequently to prevent corn from sticking to bottom of pot.

Cool the mixture to 158and blend in the coarsely ground rye and malted barley. Maintain the temperature at 140 and 162 for about an hour while stirring. Note, do not exceed 168 during this step or you will kill the enzymes and ruin the whole dang thing.

Lower the temperature to 95 degrees using the other half of the water, which should be cool, and add 6 tablespoons of Super Start distillers yeast. Aerate vigorously by pouring liquid back and forth between several containers and transfer everything into fermentation vats.

Ferment at 90 degrees for 2 weeks and leave settle for 1 week. Siphon into still and have at it.
CBeyond
Färsk jäst

Inlägg av CBeyond »

Hittade lite fler varianter.

--Corn Whiskey--

Ingredients:

5 gallons of water

8.5 pounds of flaked maize

1.5 pounds of crushed malted barley

Procedure:
Heat 5 gallons of mash water up to 165F. Turn off heat when target temperature is reached and stir in the 8.5 pounds of corn. Stir the mash continuously for about 5 minutes then stir for a few seconds every five minutes until the temperature drops to 152F. Once the target temp is met, stir in the malted barley. Cover and leave it be for about 90 minutes, uncovering only to stir every 15 minutes or so. At this point all of the starches should be converted into sugar. Leave it sit for a few hours or use an immersion chiller to cool the mash. At 96 degrees add two tablespoons of Alltech Super Start Distillers Yeast, aerate (by dumping back and forth between two containers), cap, and add an air lock. Leave it sit for 2 weeks, leave it settle for another week, and you’ll be ready to distill.

***********************************************************************************

--Thin Mash Corn Whiskey--

Ingredients:
10 gallons of water (5 gal to start then 5 more)

8.5 pounds of flaked maize

1.5 pounds of crushed malted barley

6-8 pounds of sugar

Procedure:
Creating a thin mash is accomplished in two steps. First, cook the standard corn whiskey mash described above. However, after the final rest period, add 5 gallons of cold water and 6-8 pounds of sugar. Once the mash temperature has dropped to 96 degrees, it is ready for aeration, yeast and fermentation, as described in the Corn Whiskey recipe above.

Advanced distillers should shoot for a specific gravity of about 1.08. Dilute with water if high.

***********************************************************************************

--Sugar Shine--

Ingredients:
5 gallons water

8 pounds of white sugar

Procedure:
Heat 2 gallons of water (to no more than 120 degrees) and add sugar a few pounds at a time. Stir until dissolved and add more sugar. Keep adding sugar until all sugar has been added / dissolved. Dump this mixture into a fermenter and add 3 more gallons of water. Shoot for a final temperature of 96 degrees an adjust heat of additional water accordingly. Add 2 tablespoons of Alltech Superstart Distillers Yeast once final liquid temp is 96 degrees. Aerate by dumping back and forth between two buckets a few times. Shoot for a constant fermentation temperature of 90 degrees for the shortest fermentation time and highest alcohol yield. If your house / garage / basement / wherever / isn't this warm, wrap your fermenter in a blanket and use a heating pad if necessary. Leave it sit for a week or two to ferment and another week to settle.
Skriv svar

Återgå till "Whiskey"